What is e-Bid?: e-Bid is the process in which an organization may conduct their procurement activities such as bidding through the internet.
PlanetBids: Purchasing has implemented an e-Bid system called "PlanetBids" that streamlines procurement processes and offers expanded services to our vendors by allowing them to participate in City procurements through the internet.
PlanetBids is a comprehensive, fully-integrated e-Bid tool specifically designed to meet the procurement needs of the City. Within PlanetBids, purchasing functions are seamlessly integrated with each other; purchasing data flows from requisitions to solicitations, award, and to purchase orders or contracts in a highly-automated manner.
A statement from PlanetBids on their Security...
"PlanetBids has taken extreme measurements in protecting and controlling access to data at the server as well as at the application levels. At the server level, all hardware and software is state-of-the-art, with built-in redundancy and security with the latest security updates and patched applied behind firewalls.
Only handful PlanetBids high-level staff members have access to the data which include company CTO/Co-Founder, Vice President of Product Development, and Senior Database Administrator. Additionally, sensitive data is encrypted and high-level. At the application level, there are many levels of security and permission controls that an internal Agency “system admin” user can administer per user through the PB System™ Administration Menu.
Additionally, PlanetBids has extensive monitoring utility and processes in place to monitor all types of user and server related activity.
PlanetBids has industry standard 256-bit Secure Socket Layer Certificates applied to its SaaS servers for the transmission of sensitive data between a supplier’s browser and PlanetBids SaaS servers via https issued from Thawte. At the database level, columns which contain sensitive data such as passwords, tax id, pricing, etc. are encrypted using server and database level master keys to ensure maximum level of security and performance.
PlanetBids, Cogeco PEER 1 and Hosting.com; its hosting partners for the past 17 years, have taken reasonable measures to assure physical and digital data protection and data security at multiple tiers. At the network and Software as a Service (SaaS) server level, all hardware and software is state-of-the-art, with built-in redundancy and security with the latest security updates and patched applied behind firewalls. Only handful PlanetBids high-level staff members have access to the data. Additionally, sensitive data is encrypted and high-level.
PlanetBids hosting partner, Cogeco Peer1 ensure that all our network and server infrastructures are fully compliant with the most current standards for process and security. Physical security controls and logical security policies are audited to SSAE-16 and ISO 27001 standards. Audit trails are created and always visible through the Control Portal. For more information, please visit www.cogecopeer1.com. "
Get started now by clicking the links in the left panel titled "Vendor Registration" and "Bid Opportunities" to access the City's PlanetBids vendor portal or click the link below:
PlanetBids offers the following features, including but not limited to:
- Bid opportunities from the City are posted to a new consolidated bid board.
- Electronically submit bids or proposals.
- Improved vendor registration process. Vendors will be able to define areas of business by use of widely-accepted National Institute of Government Purchasing (NIGP) commodity codes; Provide detailed regulatory registrations and certifications; Identify "emergency services" capability, etc.
- View the City's award results online.
- Access News and Events pertaining to City business related to procurement.
- Vendors will receive automatic email notifications for bid opportunities relevant to the NIGP codes of products or services offered by their company. Vendors will receive notifications on contract tasks, expiring contracts, certificates of insurance.
- Both the City and its vendors benefit from material reduction in the amount of paperwork, time, and expense involved in the bid and award process.
- PlanetBids provides tutorial guides within each module intended to help users navigate through the PB system with ease and efficiency.